April 15, 2010
Don't Be a 5% Guy in Real Life
Maybe in this audience, 20% of you will recognize that line. In a normal social setting, probably 5%.
Here's the thing about quoting slightly obscure references. Don't be shocked when people don't get them, and especially don't insult people for not getting the reference. It's not like they shoved your mother down a flight of stairs. They just haven't seen all of the obscure 70s films that you have.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE:
When I'm doing a podcast to a mass audience, I intentionally throw little one-liner easter eggs in all the time. I don't explain them. I don't pause the show and make others guess what I'm talking about. I do it for the 5% that will get a kick out of it. And I don't bother the other 95%.
If you constantly seem to find yourself in these situations, where people are too stupid to pick up on your delightfully witty sense of humor, stop trying. Marry one of the 5% who get you, and live happily ever after. Maybe you're just ahead of your time.
Note: This post has been contributed . There are always loads of tricks and tips to help you navigate a busy life. Large workloads can lead ...
Both in Peoria and up here in the Chicago suburbs, I have had multiple Jimmy Johns employees who have memorized my order and start preparin...
This post has been contributed. You’ve undoubtedly heard it by now. We are living an unsustainable lifestyle as a species. The fact tha...
This post has been contributed. https://unsplash.com/photos/ffmkD8dm7Zw When you first realize that you’re not feeling as health...