- What if any ethical concerns do you have with the use of drone strikes?
- What do you see as the pros and cons of decriminalizing non-violent actions, such as drug use?
- Under either a universal or single-payer healthcare system, does the government then have a fiscal responsibility to either incentivize people to make better health choices, or penalize individuals for preventable healthcare costs caused by their lifestyle choices?
- Often, even the most well-intentioned legislation has unintended negative economic consequences. Should the sheer complexity of our economic markets slow down our belief that any legislative interventions we make can be moderate, predictable and wholly positive?
- Does your foreign policy distinguish between acts of national defense and acts of national “offense”?
- In late 2011, it was still illegal for openly gay men and women to serve in the U.S. military. Is it silly of us to assume the federal government can ever be a true leader in social progress, rather than a laggard follower of mass opinion?
- Should our social service budgets (and all budgets for that matter) be prioritized on a good-per-dollar basis? Therefore, we stop doing quite as many “good” things in order to focus on the “great” things – the ones that produce the most economic good per dollar?
November 05, 2012
7 Debate Questions I Wish the Candidates Were Asked
Don't get me wrong. I think saying as little as possible as aggressively as possible is brilliant debate strategy. I really do. But here are 7 questions I'd love to hear honest answers for, just for the sake of our greater understanding. Feel free to add your own questions, or answer those you'd like in a way that empathizes with the "gray" nature of the questions themselves.
Note: This post has been contributed. Unsplash - CC0 License Talking about the end of life isn’t a popular topic. But it is something that ...
This post has been contributed. You’ve undoubtedly heard it by now. We are living an unsustainable lifestyle as a species. The fact tha...
Both in Peoria and up here in the Chicago suburbs, I have had multiple Jimmy Johns employees who have memorized my order and start preparin...
Note: This post has been contributed. Photo by Pixabay from Pexels Golf is a beloved sport around the world. With a ri...